Support Wikipedia

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gotta Love Canadians

I find Canadian innocence touching and, at the same time, just a wee bit disturbing.

I wrote some days ago about the British government contemplating the passage of a bill that would penalise offensive jokers with prison sentences. The most common reaction among my friends when I tell them about it (I told about 10) is, "That's a shame because the rude jokes are usually the best ones." Or words to that effect. The UK, of all places, is about to pass legislation that will kill its freedom of speech - and once the UK sets such a precedent the rest of the world will follow suit. And the main worry of my Canadian friends is that they may not get their money's worth when they next watch a stand up act.

4 comments:

GreenOnion said...

I would say that the problem with this statement is that you have a biased sample size. The people that follow your blog are Rob and I...these are people that spend their three and a half hour shifts making "your mama" jokes

Also fingero is the verification word...*giggle*

Yogababy said...

Fair point, though I did ask other people who don't even know I write a blog.

Yogababy said...

And I'm going to spend a lot of time plotting, "The Adventures Of Fingero: Undercover Agent" in my head now. Thanks for that.

GreenOnion said...

Please do! I see a webseries in your future :)

whos.amung.us