Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On Leaving Vancouver

I must be a git. Now, before you deny
This claim, gather round, and I'll tell you why

For five great years, I lived in a city
That is so lovely, so amazingly pretty

That you could be forgiven if you surmise,
"By George, it seems I've found paradise."

You wouldn't be far wrong - you can certainly bet
This is as close to heaven as this world can get

The lushest of forests with the loveliest trees
Great mountains that kiss the most shining of seas

And the nicest people you ever will meet
Greet you warmly as you walk down the nicest of streets

I have had now to move from this place onto
Cold, windy, drab and dreary Toronto

No, that's harsh, Toronto's fine, as far as I can tell,
But after paradise, even earth seems like hell

Now, so far so cheesy - I'm sure you don't need
To be told that this poem is awful indeed

But it has all been written out just to frame
A good case to support my original claim

Good folks go to heaven forever, you see
I had to leave in five years - what's that say about me

1 comment:

whos.amung.us