Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Savoir Faire

In general I tend not to talk much; most people who know me tend to describe me as "quiet" and "shy" (one of my professors went so far as to call me "inhibited"). Now this is largely because I usually have very little to say to anyone about anything.



This is not a good thing. For instance, and perhaps most importantly, it makes it somewhat tricky to attract the ladies. Take the following:



(Starbucks, crowded):



I walk over to table with one lady.



Me: Is this seat taken !?!



Young Lady (Smiling): No, go ahead.



Me: Thanks.



Me: Nice day.



Hot Lady: Yes.



...

...

...



Gorgeous Lady: Well, bye.



Me: Bye.



You see !?! On occasion I do make attempts at conversation :



Me: Hey.



Lady: Hiya.



Me: Nice day.



Lady: Yes.



Me (getting straight to the point): Umm, you look really pretty.



Lady (smiling): Why, thank you.



...

...



Lady (seeing my UBC t-shirt): So are you a student here !?!



Me: Yes, yes I am.



Lady: That's cool. So am I.



Me (Yes! Yes! Something to talk about!): Really !?! What are you studying !?!



Lady: I am doing a PhD in English Literature.



Me: Oh, really !?! What is it all about !?! I mean, this may sound strange but no one in my friend circle is doing anything of that sort.



Lady: No way..



Me: I mean, where I come from, only the academically poor take shit like that at uni. All the good ones take medicine or engineering or ...



...

...



Lady (not smiling any more): Maybe I should go.



I blame this on lack of practice when it comes to expressing myself. And that is what this blog is all about.

 

No comments:

whos.amung.us